drank Malted ChocoMaté by 52teas

A couple of nights ago we got the exciting news that our permit to do our extension was issued, and the construction will start on May 21st (That’s less than 12 days from today!). We’re overjoyed at the good news and at how quickly things will be moving along, but we’ve been super busy packing our stuff to move back out, corresponding with the designer, and researching the various reno items like flooring, sinks, showers, windows etc… Not to mention, my Dad and I need to finish off the flooring in the powder room (it’s been delayed because he’s having a bit of an issue with his hand – So I told him to rest it, and I’m glad he listened).

To keep me going I wanted something with a little zip, so I reached for this tea. I received it in my order some time ago in error. I had ordered the malted honeybush and accidentally got this instead. I had previously been eying it up, but never committed to buying it due to my caffeine sensitivity. I really wanted to try it, so when it showed up at my doorstep, I figured it was the universe’s way of telling me to give it a go :)

It was my very first mate and I had tried it several times with inconsistent results. I’m sure the inconsistency is 100% my own fault. I’ve made it taste amazing at times, whereas other times it’s just not quite there. I think I’m getting closer to getting it consistently correct now. I’ve been using heaping spoonfuls and steeping it longer till it gets dark and roasty. Mmmm….yep, I definitely got it right today.

Canada