drank Earl Grey by Twinings

After all the wonderful suggestions about where to start on my Earl Grey adventure, I decided to start with basic, basics. I tried good old teabags! Haven’t had a teabag in eons. I just started with Twinings because I could find it in the grocery store and it didn’t cost much. I like it. Nice aroma, good taste. Something I could drink a lot.I have gotten into teas that are more exciting and it was nice to go back to simple. I don’t think I’ll skip my more interesting teas but I will have this in my rotation of teas. Now I think I expand and try some others. I had so many suggestions (Thanks!) that I was pretty overwhelmed. Now that I have an idea what a basic EG tastes like, I can move to variations.

Now that I have had a chance to drink a little more EG I like it even more. If this is the ‘boring’ Earl Grey, I can’t wait to see/taste what’s next to try.

__Morgana__

Yay! Enjoy the experience.

Josh Buteau

Good job!! Twinings EG was my first step into the more “elegant varieties”. Howeve I just feel that you don’t really experience the full bloom that you could with the loose leaf. I tried they’re loose leaf… Huge difference. Plus the twinings website usually always has a promo of some sort and a tin of loose leaf only cost about 4$. Overall, welcome to your journey with the Earl!!!

Comments

__Morgana__

Yay! Enjoy the experience.

Josh Buteau

Retired first grade teacher. Started drinking loose leaf tea about 5 years ago. It got me through those last five years of teaching :) I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. My husband thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say. We’ve been married 42 years so I guess he is used to my obsessions.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.
I have been watching Doctor Who for 31 years. Waiting til August ‘14 might put me over the edge.However if I lived through the 14 year hiatus (1989-2003) with only reruns and 1 DW movie, I guess I’ll live until August. Luckily I have 312 episodes. :) In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea!
Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Elgin IL