drank Earl Grey by Twinings

After all the wonderful suggestions about where to start on my Earl Grey adventure, I decided to start with basic, basics. I tried good old teabags! Haven’t had a teabag in eons. I just started with Twinings because I could find it in the grocery store and it didn’t cost much. I like it. Nice aroma, good taste. Something I could drink a lot.I have gotten into teas that are more exciting and it was nice to go back to simple. I don’t think I’ll skip my more interesting teas but I will have this in my rotation of teas. Now I think I expand and try some others. I had so many suggestions (Thanks!) that I was pretty overwhelmed. Now that I have an idea what a basic EG tastes like, I can move to variations.

Now that I have had a chance to drink a little more EG I like it even more. If this is the ‘boring’ Earl Grey, I can’t wait to see/taste what’s next to try.

__Morgana__

Yay! Enjoy the experience.

Josh Buteau

Good job!! Twinings EG was my first step into the more “elegant varieties”. Howeve I just feel that you don’t really experience the full bloom that you could with the loose leaf. I tried they’re loose leaf… Huge difference. Plus the twinings website usually always has a promo of some sort and a tin of loose leaf only cost about 4$. Overall, welcome to your journey with the Earl!!!

Comments

__Morgana__

Yay! Enjoy the experience.

Josh Buteau

Retired first grade teacher. I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. Flavored black teas and mates to get that energy that I am often lacking :-p
My husband of 42 years thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.

I have been watching Doctor Who for 32 years. It’s almost new DW time!!!! In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea! I am always open to swapping Doctor Who books for tea. I have about 120 Doctor Who books that I am eager to send them to a fan. :D Let me know if you would like any books! I love that so many people have begun watching DW!

Also I love swaps, pm me if you’d like to do a swap.

Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again if in the mood for this particular one or a better, similar version not available or it’s on a really good sale :-)

50-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but probably wouldn’t buy again unless craving this particular flavor

Below 50 Meh! Wouldn’t bother drinking it again.

Elgin IL