Well my history with Sleepytime tea from Celestial Seasonings goes back a long, long way. Back around 1973 I started drinking Sleepytime. I drank it a lot to help sleep (obviously). Back then I didn’t use any sweetener and I got sooooo tired of Sleepytime. I have been really reluctant to try it again. So I found the Vanilla version and tried it. Hey, not bad! I added a little sweetener this time and I like it. I can see this becoming a regular evening beverage. The taste is mostly vanilla and spearmint rather than the heavy camomile I remember. I can’t say its my favorite it it will serve its purpose well.

sherapop

I was very pleasantly surprised by this version, as the straight Sleepytime now has too much spearmint for my tastes.

Suziqzer

Ohhh.. might have to give this one a try when we run out of the regular Sleepytime. My son goes back and forth between Sleepytime and Bigelow’s Sweat Dreams.I’ve been afraid to try it thinking it would change the flavor to something we wouldn’t like at all. It sounds pretty good.

carol who

:D Just have to laugh… Don’t take offense… but you wrote Sweat Dreams. It must be the first grade teacher in me! or maybe its for women who wan to see what hot flashes during menopause feels like. Ah, I remember those days. :D

I know what you mean about afraid to try a different flavor of an old standby. There is a peach Sleepytime that I don’t necessarily want to try.

Suziqzer

Lol.. Oopsie!! I didn’t proof read my note… Guess that’s what happens when I don’t. I don’t think anyone would want to practice for hot flashes, but hey, who knows these days..?I don’t think I’d try the peach either. We don’t often like peach “flavor” at my house. My son saw the kids version which I believe is grape and he was intrigued. I’m not so sure about that one either, but the vanilla sounds tame enough & drowning out a bit of the chamomile wouldn’t be a bad thing. We occasionally get coupons for Celestial Seasonings & that might be a good time to try a new flavor… A tiny less invested if we don’t like it.

Comments

sherapop

carol who

Suziqzer

Retired first grade teacher. Started drinking loose leaf tea about 5 years ago. It got me through those last five years of teaching :) I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. My husband thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say. We’ve been married 42 years so I guess he is used to my obsessions.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.
I have been watching Doctor Who for 31 years. Waiting til August ‘14 might put me over the edge.However if I lived through the 14 year hiatus (1989-2003) with only reruns and 1 DW movie, I guess I’ll live until August. Luckily I have 312 episodes. :) In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea!
Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

50-59 Okay or run of the mill

Below 50 So-so, iffy, would definitely pass
or ick. The lower the number, the closer to ick.

Elgin IL