drank Almond Oolong by Adagio Teas

I was excited to try this flavored oolong because in the past I’ve generally liked oolongs. Almond is one of my favorites. The aroma was terrific when I opened the bag. I followed the directions on the sample 212/3-5 min. Leaves have a good strong aroma after steeping. Tea a little bland after steeping. I was expecting a bit more flavor since the initial aroma was terrific. I added a little monk’s fruit sweetener but it didn’t bring it up to the level I had anticipated. I did a resteep and no improvement just weaker.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cheri

Maybe add some extra almonds when you steep it the next time to give it more of a nutty flavor?

carol who

Good idea! Which would be better raw or toasted, whole or sliced?

Comments

Cheri

carol who

Good idea! Which would be better raw or toasted, whole or sliced?

Retired first grade teacher. I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. Flavored black teas and mates to get that energy that I am often lacking :-p
My husband of 42 years thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.

I have been watching Doctor Who for 31 years. Waiting til August ‘14 might put me over the edge.However if I lived through the 14 year hiatus (1989-2003) with only reruns and 1 DW movie, I guess I’ll live until August. Luckily I have 312 episodes. :) In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea! I am always open to swapping Doctor Who books for tea. I have about 120 Doctor Who books that I am eager to send them to a fan. :D Let me know if you would like any books! I love that so many people have begun watching DW!

Also I love swaps, pm me if you’d like to do a swap.

Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again if in the mood for this particular one or a better, similar version not available or it’s on a really good sale :-)

50-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but probably wouldn’t buy again unless craving this particular flavor

Below 50 Meh! Wouldn’t bother drinking it again.

I only put teas of 1 oz. or more in my cupboard.

Elgin IL