As some of you know, I have been a Yerba Mate kick lately. It seems I can hardly get things done with out it. One nice thing is the tea is easily available at stores near me. No driving thirty miles and then being tempted to buy other teas. I made this a bit strong (3 bags in 16 oz.) today, steeped for ten minutes and added a little stevia and hazelnut flavoring. Oh my gosh! I’ve also done a resteep. Goodness gracious I feel like I’m 20 years old again, well, maybe 30? 40? 50? Have I finally found the Fountain of Youth? Should I perhaps bathe in it? With the hazelnut it makes a nice change from the other very good flavors that I enjoyed previously ( and still enjoy). I just thought a change would be fun… And it is!

185 °F / 85 °C 8 min or more 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Retired first grade teacher. I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. Flavored black teas and mates to get that energy that I am often lacking :-p
My husband of 42 years thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.

I have been watching Doctor Who for 31 years. Waiting til August ‘14 might put me over the edge.However if I lived through the 14 year hiatus (1989-2003) with only reruns and 1 DW movie, I guess I’ll live until August. Luckily I have 312 episodes. :) In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea! I am always open to swapping Doctor Who books for tea. I have about 120 Doctor Who books that I am eager to send them to a fan. :D Let me know if you would like any books! I love that so many people have begun watching DW!

Also I love swaps, pm me if you’d like to do a swap.

Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again if in the mood for this particular one or a better, similar version not available or it’s on a really good sale :-)

50-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but probably wouldn’t buy again unless craving this particular flavor

Below 50 Meh! Wouldn’t bother drinking it again.

I only put teas of 1 oz. or more in my cupboard.

Elgin IL