Thank you 221tea for this lovely sample. I love dessert teas and this is very nice. I smell the almond well and the rooibos somewhat less in the dry tea. The taste is sweet almond and a small amount of cherry. I (as always) have to try it with a tiny bit of my favorite vanilla stevia. It brings up the almond and cherry both. I am worried that I have gotten too use to the sweet teas and will have trouble when I get the Butiki Educational Traveling Tea box. Will I be able to appreciate the subtleties of “good” teas? I really hope so and I promise not to add stevia to the “good stuff”.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
keychange

Hey, there’s no wrong way to enjoy tea. You don’t hear people not putting toppings on their burger or pizza so they can enjoy the “real deal” :)

Suziqzer

I agree with keychange! Enjoy your tea however you like. If vanilla stevia takes the experience up a notch… endulge!!

carol who

Thanks! It’s nice to get validation. :-)

221tea

I would love to take credit for sending you this tea, because it sounds lovely, but alas, it didn’t come from me. :) I have not mailed my package out yet because I am waiting for my small baggies to come in.

Oooo .:( That should have been a thank you to Delirium Frogs. :(

Shadowfall

Lol. I do the same thing with my tea. I can’t seem to drink most of them without adding some sort of sweetener (usually truvia). Lol. All of the teas I tried from the Butiki TTB I tried without sugar first just so I could compare them better. Then I usually added some sweetener to the cups afterwards just to see what they’re like, especially if it was something I considered maybe looking for in the future. Lol.

That sounds like a plan!

DeliriumsFrogs

I’m really glad that 221tea didn’t send this to you, ONLY because I’d feel awful if I sent you a sample you just received from someone else! ha!
So happy that you liked it…. and drink tea any way you want! That’s what makes it so fun and personal. :)

Comments

keychange

Suziqzer

carol who

Thanks! It’s nice to get validation. :-)

221tea

Oooo .:( That should have been a thank you to Delirium Frogs. :(

Shadowfall

That sounds like a plan!

DeliriumsFrogs

Retired first grade teacher. I tend to like dessert type/herbal teas as a substitute for sweet treats. Flavored black teas and mates to get that energy that I am often lacking :-p
My husband of 42 years thinks I’m nuts regarding the whole tea thing… but he bought me a Breville for Christmas, so what can I say.
My other interests are reading (books go well with tea :D) and beading.

I have been watching Doctor Who for 32 years. It’s almost new DW time!!!! In case you can’t tell my avatar is two daleks drinking tea! I am always open to swapping Doctor Who books for tea. I have about 120 Doctor Who books that I am eager to send them to a fan. :D Let me know if you would like any books! I love that so many people have begun watching DW!

Also I love swaps, pm me if you’d like to do a swap.

Since I find others’ rating legends helpful, I added my own.

90-94 First rate; top notch; really terrific; will definitely buy more

80-89 Excellent; likely to become a favorite, will likely buy more

70-79 Very good; would enjoy again, might buy again if in the mood for this particular one or a better, similar version not available or it’s on a really good sale :-)

50-69 Good; wouldn’t pass up if offered, but probably wouldn’t buy again unless craving this particular flavor

Below 50 Meh! Wouldn’t bother drinking it again.

Elgin IL