drank Korean Sejak by DAVIDsTEA

Reviewed on Sunday (Oct 28)

I decided that my cupboard was sorely lacking in green teas, so I perused my David’s Tea catalog and narrowed down the ones that sounded tasty but weren’t super expensive: Genmaicha, Japanese Sencha and the Korean Sejak. I smelled all three of them, and the Sejak was the clear winner. The brown rice in the Genmaicha smelled interesting but I’ve had that type before and I remember it being one I need to be in the mood for.

Anyways… Today is when we do our weekly role-playing session (geeeeeks!) so I thought this would make a great pot that I could sip at all afternoon. I’m really enjoying this blend. It’s really smooth and refreshing.

I don’t have a fancy kettle so I don’t know what temperature I steeped it at, but I steeped it for 3 minutes for the first pot, and 4 for the second. I used 1.5 tsp overall and I found the flavour was still pleasantly strong.

Drinking it made me wish I had little ceramic tea cups. I imagine they would be great because they would keep the tea warmer longer (as smaller quantities are exposed to the air at a time). If I’m just wishing for stuff, a better tea pot would be nice too – one that traps the heat in better! :P

Anyways, I don’t have much experience with green teas, but I absolutely love this one. I’ll sample a few other blends to get a better idea of what’s out there, but for now this is one I’ll want to keep on hand.

I like the description too – about monks DEDICATED TO TEA tending carefully to the leaves. :O That makes me want to sit and sip at this tea in quiet mediation. :P

Kasumi no Chajin

will be looking into this one for sure!

Cavocorax

I really enjoyed it but other people haven’t reviewed it as favorably. Hope you enjoy it!

CrowKettle

I went through a full tin of Korean Sejak by steeping 3 tsp in a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes. Then I learned how to read instructions. I honestly enjoyed it even before that though- it had an edge :)

Cavocorax

:p It must have tasted like a completely different tea afterwards!