drank Chocolate Chili Chai by DAVIDsTEA

We went into DavidsTea today to check out the new advent calendars and other goodies; it was crazy! Guess everyone else had the same idea. They ended up giving us a free cup to-go for being so patient, which was great because I was excited anyways and the staff was already extra courteous. I figured I’d go for the Chocolate Chili Chai.

If my bf wasn’t sitting there waiting patiently I would have been tempted to buy more than I did. :O Those perfect tea mugs look great – I know I’m late to the game, but I really like the large fall one they put out with all the trees on it (http://www.davidstea.com/giant-perfect-tea-mug-forest?&TF=69F219E5A1A1&DEID=). I LOVE the giant sized cups, and have been a bit out of sorts ever since I dropped my favourite mug on the floor 7 months ago. The Christmas ones are lovely, but are too specific to the season for me to want to use them all year round… I’m hoping I can suggest it as a Christmas gift! :P But then if the bf is paying attention at all he can just get me a gift card for DavidsTea and let me snag all the goodies myself – that’s part of the fun after all! #spoiledROTTEN

(Oooh – does anyone know if DT does anything for Boxing Week? :P)

Anyways… on to the tea!

The first few sips were really good. The chocolate was smooth and it didn’t taste weak. The chili was a nice balance too. I love the smell too – I walked into the living room and the whole room smelled delightful!

Unfortunately, I had to let it sit for an hour or so and there must have been a few loose leaves in it or something because it tastes a little murky now. Or maybe that’s just what happens when it cools. I had originally originally planned on rating it in the 80’s or so. Now I’m not sure where to put it. Guess I’ll have to try it again. :)

Ozli

Those advent calendars are super tempting……

Cavocorax

Did you end up doing it? Still tempted but will pass this year.

I also passed but I got 2 of the samplers (winter tea & sweet indulgence) >__>

Cavocorax

Oooh both of those sound good, although I’m leaning towards the Sweet Indulgence. There’s a few in there that I was curious about.