drank Santa's Secret by DAVIDsTEA

I went to DavidsTea today to pick up a little bit of Alpine Punch, but the store was so crazy busy they gave me a cup to-go for free. There were 3 sales associates on and they were swamped. I didn’t mind waiting too much but I guess I’ll be in the store less if it’s that busy Wednesday at noon!

I sampled Merry Cranberry while I was there but didn’t think too much of it, so I chose this as my free festive drink. I didn’t get too much out of it at first, but then it popped after the 4th sip. I couldn’t remember what’s in it but it makes me think of chocolate and mint, with Christmas spices! So good! Dreamy…

I was at a doctors appointment so I had to let it sit for a bit. It’s just a little warm now and far more tannic. Will have to add a bit of milk to finish it up. And I guess I thought it tasted like mint hot chocolate because of the little candy canes! (Now that I’m home can read the description.) Don’t drink this one cool!

I’m tempted to get a 20-30g bag of this. A tin would be nice but harder to justify on maternity leave wages! But I think I’m going to refine my rating system a bit to base it on how much I would (ideally) have of each tea on hand…

Ozli

This is the one that sounded yummiest to me, of the 3 in the ornament tins.

ne14t

I bought this tea after sampling it the store. The girls in my local Davids have a habit of ambushing me with random samples sometimes before I am even fully in the store (no complaints here :D) and this happened to be one of them. I was already in to make my bi-weekly tea purchases so I ended up picking up a tin, this was on the 15th I am pretty much the only person who drinks my teas and I am at least under half a 100g tin after only a week.

Cavocorax

Yeah I’m tempted to grab a tin but at the very least I want 30g. I was hoping DT would have some Black Friday sales, but it doesn’t look like I’m in luck there. :| I don’t know if they ever put there teas on sale or if I should just bite the bullet now and stock up. #decisions :P Sounds like you ran through it pretty quick though. Maaaaaybe I should get a tin. Just to be safe.

ne14t

Yeah I haven’t seen any tea’s discounted, they might with the last remains of seasonal tea’s to get them out the door but otherwise I haven’t seen any sales on tea otherwise (booourns) and yes I was going through it pretty quick, both Santa’s Secret and Blood Orange Pu’erh have been getting consumed at an alarming rate, I have no self control!!

Uniquity

I’ve seen very small sales on select items (typically discontinued) at Christmas/New Years, but since Davids is a Canadian company it would be weird for them to offer Black Friday sales. They would do Boxing Day sales! : )

Cavocorax

Well hopefully they do a nice a boxing Week sale. I was just hoping we’d see something as a few Canadian companies are also putting on deals. and:) I’d like to pick up some colored tins (with a few filled up).

Uniquity

There was a special on that if you got 100 grams you could have a coloured tin rather than regular, not sure if that’s over yet.

Thanks :)

Comments

Ozli

This is the one that sounded yummiest to me, of the 3 in the ornament tins.

Thanks :)

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON