So I thought I’d drink this to see if I can tell the difference between this and Ceylon. I think this one is more tannic, while the Ceylon was sweeter and possibly creamier. More practice required.

I saw this chart from the aptly named tumble site: http://fuckyeahilovetea.tumblr.com/post/33309787977
Idk about accuracy but it looks helpful.

I think 3 min is the right amount of brewing tea. I’m sipping away at this straight and it’s pretty good, although a little mild.

CrowKettle

I like that chart! Ditto on the practice required part- the only black tea I’ve had extensively is Ceylon and I spent most of the year not even noticing it. It could be fun to do a blind test with a bunch of samples :)

Cavocorax

I was thinking about something like that! It could be fun, especially if I had a friend or two over to help me drink all the tea. :)

Ceylon is one I’ve totally taken for granted!

CrowKettle

Exploring Tea with friends is the best! Most of my friends and relatives are so set in the way of ‘The Red Rose Bag’ they view all my teas with skepticism. Straight blacks are a good starting point though if your friends aren’t that into tea!

Cavocorax

Yeah I have the same problem. My bf doesn’t drink tea at all and our roommate probably thinks I’m silly for hoarding so much. At least there’s Steepster!

Comments

CrowKettle

Cavocorax

Ceylon is one I’ve totally taken for granted!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON