drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

I’m still waiting for my Della Terra Teas order from Black Friday (#sadness) full of dessert blacks, and a few rooibos/honeybush samples, but my Zen Tea order came today!

After trying my oolong samples from Tea from Taiwan, I knew I wanted to try more oolongs so when Zen Tea started their 50% off sale (on Friday) I had to somehow justify ordering some. :P Good thing I did as a lot of the teas are sold out already! :O I got a lot for $21 (with shipping).

I picked up:
Oolongs – Coconut (50g), Monkey-Picked (20g) and Iron Goddess Mercy (20g).
Pu-erh – Loose. (20g) (Just so I could see what Pu-erh is.)
White – Toffee Dream. (50g) (Again because I don’t know what White Tea is like – I had it in DavidsTeas Cookie Dough but it was hidden?)
Rooibos – Raspberry Vanilla! (70g) (I had this as a sample first. I’m gifting 50g of this.)
Black – Assam Mangalam Second Flush FTGFOP1 (20g)(Because I haven’t had Assam and this one was highly rated. Maybe I’ll learn the difference between all these blacks)

The actual review is here. :P
With all these new teas, it was hard to decide which one to try. I’m happy I started with this one though. IT SMELLS SO GOOD.

I’ve had oolong enough now to recognize its characteristics better: with each sip I am getting toasty coconut notes, mixed in with the buttery / floral oolong. The coconut isn’t as strong as the initial smell would have me believe, but this is actually a good thing as I was worried the oolong would be overwhelmed and it isn’t. It seems like every oolong I try has complex flavors – this one is no different. Each sip is just a little different. AMAZING. The aftertaste is nice and creamy too. I will resteep it later!

I think it’s real coconut flavour too!

CrowKettle

This is the one from Zen Tea I really want to try! Maybe after the Holidays.

Cavocorax

Hope you get a chance. It’s a bit expensive but I really like it. I don’t normally drink a lot of oolong (maybe this will change) so I’m hoping 50g will last a long time!

Ozli