This is my first assam! It’s quite strong and malty – it makes me think that this would be the ‘coffee’ of teas! (That is, if coffee wasn’t just a vehicle to deliver cream/sugar to me…)

It’s cooled off a bit since I first steeped it, but I’m still sipping away at it and enjoying it. It sorta reminds me of Ceylon Best, but maltier. There’s no unpleasant astringency either so that puts it ahead of my Murchie’s blacks.

I guess I need to keep drinking these unflavoured blacks to get a better sense of what’s what!

I think cream/sugar would be a mistake here as there are a lot of flavours present I wouldn’t want to cover up!

Update: I re-steeped it in the afternoon, and it was even creamier!