drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

I had a coupon for a free cup of tea, so I decided to go for Ceylon Star.

I had read on a website somewhere that Star Anise was dangerous for pregnant or nursing women, so that scared me a bit, until I did some research and couldn’t find anything to back that up. Besides, with the quantities I’d get in tea, it seems unlikely to be harmful.

I’m glad I tried it. The Ceylon base is smooth and lively, while the Star Anise and chocolate take turns dominating each sip. I’m don’t really notice the coconut but maybe it’s the glue holding it all in together. It reminds me of Stormy Night, without the cinnamon. I would probably pick up a little of this if I had money to burn but will pass as it is now. These chocolate teas are hit and miss; sometimes it just tastes too much like watered down cocoa, and other times I’m okay with that. Same tea, different mood.

I saw that DT had Vanilla Oolong and Stormy Night in their 2 – 25g/$5 sachets. I was totally going to take my free tea and go, but I couldn’t pass up those 2. Just FYI if anyone else wants a deal on those and lives near DT.

CrowKettle

Dominating turns of chocolate and anise sums it up well! I feel the same way about the various cocoa infused teas at DT- it’s like a game of chance.

Ozli

Nod nod nod, agreed re: chocolate teas. This sounds really interesting, though.