It’s true. I bought this tea just because it says monkey picked. Then I looked it all up on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_picked_tea. Neat stuff!

I wonder what the difference between this tea is, and Zen Tea’s TieGuanYin(Iron Goddess Mercy). Just the monkey? I bought both so I guess I’ll have to try and get back to you.

This is a stronger oolong than I’m used to. It’s dark and roasty, but there’s a bit of sweetness there too. I’ve had this before and I know it holds up nicely to multiple infusions so I will sip away at this all afternoon!

… and think of monkeys.

ashmanra

I could be way off base here, but I thought the monkey picked teas were from higher elevations and that was why they once used monkeys? Thinkgeek has a true monkey picked that is still picked by monkeys and you can read a bit about it on their website.

Cavocorax

Thanks for the info. That makes a lot of sense. I didn’t think they actually used monkeys for this tea, but I liked the idea. :)

This gives me an excuse to look at Thinkgeek’s site too. So much cool stuff.

Ozli

LOL, K would buy this tea with the same reasoning; you are not alone. :P

Uniquity

I frequently tell my fiancee that we can’t buy an expensive tea just because a monkey picked it…but I definitely want to.

Comments

ashmanra

Cavocorax

This gives me an excuse to look at Thinkgeek’s site too. So much cool stuff.

Ozli

LOL, K would buy this tea with the same reasoning; you are not alone. :P

Uniquity

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON