drank Coconut Oolong by Zen Tea

So I have no self control, you guys. I grabbed DavidsTea gongfu pot today and am experimenting with it. Instead of wasting a sample from CrowKettle, I went with a favourite that I’ve enjoyed many times.

I have no idea how to do this so I tried 30 seconds at 80C for my first steep. The water is only slightly yellowish so I was worried I understeeped it, but the taste is perfect. It’s very fresh and green and full of buttery, buttery creaminess. I love coconut, you guys!

Okay, second steep actually took hours to finish because of the crazy baby and housework and general life-things getting in the way. I think this was more floral and greener, but also sweeter. I steeped it for 40 seconds.

The third steep is nice and greenish-yellow, but I’m losing the flavour here. It’s more oolongy than it is coconutty. Still enjoyable but this’ll be the end of it for me. (50 seconds)

Results: this isn’t so hard! I didn’t realize you could steep, empty the pot and then wait awhile before doing it again. I had this impression that you had to do all the infusions at once and I didn’t know how you could dedicate all that time to do (although that would be great).

CrowKettle

Thank you for sending me some of this! I love it :)

Cavocorax

That’s great! I’m happy someone else appreciates it like I do! I’m so happy I grabbed 100g of it when it was 50% off, but I’ll still buy more at the full price.