drank Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea

I’m not sure the directions are right on this – steep 3 minutes and then resteep 2-3 more times for more flavor and to allow the leaves to unfurl. I steeped it in my little gongfu pot and those leaves are already unfurled. Maybe I should have tried a minute to start?

(i don’t know how am i supposed to know i need to trust the directions whaaaat)

So my first cup is very strong and malty. It smells really good – earthy! I’m enjoying each sip, except right at the end the flavour kicks up a notch and is nearly too malty.

Second cup: First reaction, “wughh!” Not a great sign. This seems stronger? I am detecting cocoa notes now though, and I’m actually enjoying this now that I made it past the first few sips.

Third cup: Ok. This is more like it! Very smooth. Lots of cocoa notes. It’s very woodsy! I bet I could get another cup out of this!

I love how smooth this tea is. I could have had this with my sore throat!

Looking forward to trying this again sometime!

200 °F / 93 °C
Ozli

Oh, I like this one a lot <3

Cavocorax

I can’t wait to try it again!