Thanks Mercuryhime for the sample!

Had I known this was so expensive I might have saved it for another day. Instead I drank the first steep over a few hours while taking care of the baby, and am just now savouring the second steep while I sit down and relax.

The first steep was very smooth and grassy and oolongy, and it made me wonder why I don’t drink regular oolongs more often. They’re so good!

This second steep is much richer with lots of vegetal notes. It’s really enjoyable, but I think the fanciness is lost on me as I don’t really see how this is that much better than my Iron Goddess Oolong (Tie Guan Yin). Maybe I will set the rest of this sample aside and try it again in a few more months to see I can distinguish more.

Mercuryhime

Glad you enjoyed it. Honestly, I didn’t think the quality merited the price either. It’s an everyday tea at not an everyday price. :)