Thanks Mercuryhime for the sample!

After reading the reviews and finding that this is one of the ‘fancier’ teas, I whipped out my little gongfu pot for serious tea brewing business!

It was worth it. I steeped it three times, and I really enjoyed the buttery green flavours. I tastes a little sweet and a little citrusy as some of the reviewers have mentioned. Maybe I should have steeped it for longer but this feels like a delicate green, suitable for quiet reflection (as opposed to some of my flavoured blacks that are good when I’m juggling 5 things at once and want tea that comes to me, instead of me sitting down to enjoy it!)

Mercuryhime

So glad you enjoyed it! I do love this tea, but I feel like my tastes don’t really tend towards greens anymore. :( Might be good for stash busting if I did green days and oolongs days and so on.

Cavocorax

The problem I have with greens/oolongs is that these teas generally do well (or better) when you resteep them, so it takes A LONG TIME to sipdown. (And… of course for some people this is an advantage, but I have days where I just want to tidy things up, and get rid of odds/ends. So I could dedicate a day to greens or oolongs and only finish one off. Wah.). :P

Comments

Mercuryhime

Cavocorax

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON