drank Coconut Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

I sorta ended up at a DavidsTea today to look at the new teas/stuff, even though I hadn’t planned on it. :| #whoops

I walked out with 20g of Coconut Oolong, CopaBanana and Pom Tango, and a to-go cup of Daydreamer and only spent $7. Not bad!!!

I was really excited about the tea because I ADORE Zen Tea’s version (http://steepster.com/teas/zen-tea/30457-coconut-oolong) and wanted to try this version.

So, I think that means that it’s time for a SIPOFF!
DRY
Zen Tea:
-dark black/green leaves. no sign of coconut
-very slight coconut smell

DavidsTea:
-light green/black leaves with lots of bright coconut flakes.
-stronger coconut smell. slightly musty
-smaller leaves

STEEPED
Zen’s Tea:
-very smooth, buttery with lots of spinach notes
-pale yellow colour
-fresh “oolong” taste

DavidsTea:
-far less butter. not nearly as smooth/light
-rich. more spinach?
-almost nutty?
CONCLUSIONS:
So this was a tricky decision but I think I still prefer Zen Tea’s blend over this one. They are both VERY good, but DT’s is a little darker/mustier than what I’m accustomed to. Perhaps if I steep it for less next time, my rating will change. Also, DT’s blend is a bit cheaper so I honestly don’t know which one I’d restock once I run out.

If you are at all interested in the tea, give it a shot though!

Fjellrev

Wow, you do a great job pimping Zen’s. I still can’t wait to try this!

Cavocorax

Had I never tried Zens, I would be head over heels in love with DT’s version. I still am in love though – I don’t rate a lot of teas this highly. :P

Cavocorax

(The point being, I’m sure you will love DT’s if it sounds like a thing you’d be into).

Fjellrev

Hell yeah, coconut oolong? Those two must be a match made in heaven.

Comments

Fjellrev

Wow, you do a great job pimping Zen’s. I still can’t wait to try this!

Fjellrev

Hell yeah, coconut oolong? Those two must be a match made in heaven.

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON