drank Wild Black Yunnan by DAVIDsTEA

I bought this purely because of CrowKettle’s review. Steepster is funny like that.

This tea is… odd? It’s very dark and brown and good. I agree- it smells like dirt and fallen leaves and just.. the forest. It has a bit of a creamy finish in there that’s surprising, but there is something ODD about this. I can’t put my finger on it. IDEK what it is. But I am enjoying this blend.

It just requires further investigation.

whatshesaid

I’ve never even heard of that one! I’m so rude to straight teas. I look past them as though they’re not even there, when in reality they’re way classier than their (usually) artificially flavored annoying little cousins. Especially at Davids. Maybe I’ll try it next time I go!

Cavocorax

Do you live near a DavidsTea? They have a bunch of straight blacks/greens/whites/oolongs that they were trying to promote for a dollar, and they’ve dropped them down to .50 for a sample. It’s a good way to try some out. They don’t have a huge selection but it’s enough to explore.

If not, let me know and I could probably grab some and throw them in an envelope for you! (Seriously… .50 is pretty good!)

whatshesaid

I do have a DT, heading there tomorrow so I will take a look :)

CrowKettle

In retrospect it looks like I was on crack while writing my note for this one. I never know how to feel when I influence people into buying tea XD

Cavocorax

Ha! I only grabbed a little and was curious anyway. I think ii realized I like Yunnan tea somehow, so it wasn’t ALL you I guess.

I worry that I influence people to get tea they won’t like but I was (mostly) right about Coconut Oolong.

CrowKettle

Delicious Coconut Oolong.. Have you tried other kinds of Yunnan tea yet?

Cavocorax

I think I have but I can’t remember what. It was in a box of samples I picked up!

Comments

whatshesaid

whatshesaid

I do have a DT, heading there tomorrow so I will take a look :)

CrowKettle

Delicious Coconut Oolong.. Have you tried other kinds of Yunnan tea yet?

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON