drank Thai Tea by Love is Tea (LIT)

I’d never had Thai Tea before so I thought I’d give this a try. It brews up bright orange! Like, really orange! So strange! I added a dash of milk to it because that seemed the right thing to do and now it’s the same color as butternut squash soup.

I wish I knew what was in this mystery tea. It’s nice, but not heavily flavoured.

Intriguing…

Would you like some?

OMGsrsly

Ooh, I found a recipe for home made Thai Iced Tea that was REALLY good. I didn’t use powdered star anise, instead I used 2 stars. Just… don’t make it in a plastic gravity thing. Mine STILL smells like star anise and cloves, and it’s been weeks. http://www.wishfulchef.com/2012/04/how-to-make-thai-iced-tea-from-scratch/

OMGsrsly’s recipe makes me want some. :/

Cavocorax

Yeah that sounds really good. Maybe if I’d added star anise and vanilla this would have blown me away. :P I’ve got your addy still so I can send you a bit to play with.

OMGsrsly

Super easy to make! The spices can be found pretty cheap in the “Asian foods” aisle of Superstore or Save-On. Now I think I have to make some. Tomorrow, though. I need to stop with the caffeine tonight.

JennyFur

I used coconut milk when I had this tea, and I liked it a lot. Theres a thai food place by my house that makes Thai Iced teas this way. That tea (almost exactly, but not the right brand), brewed with coconut milk over coffee. I could drink that by itself for the rest of my life and be happy lol. I have no idea how they make it but just throwing some coconut milk in to cool it and drinking it that way was close enough to make me a happy girl.

Comments

CrowKettle

Intriguing…

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON