drank Peach Matcha by Naked Teas Galore

I decided to just go ahead and make this as a latte instead of using water because I’m so new to matchas. I took 6oz of milk, and added in the powder, stirred vigorously with a fork, and then used my latte frother thing to poof it up. The bubbles deflated fairly quickly, and some of the power clumped at the bottom so I guess I didn’t do it right. Maybe I should have used the water bottle method.

Anyway this tastes like sweet sweet matcha, and peaches and sugar. I don’t mind it though. I rarely have sweetened tea so this is a nice change, and I downed my cup before I knew it. I didn’t notice any bitterness, but maybe that’s bc the sweetener hid it all.

Would I order this? Idk. It’s about $12.80 for 127g which sounds like it’s a good deal, but I don’t know how many cups that would actually make, and if I would get sick of the cane sugar. Does anyone know?

CrowKettle

That’s a rocking deal. The Red Leaf Matcha is usually around $15 for 30g. Even the Matcha Matsu from David’s Tea is more than twice that Peach matcha’s amount ($28/100g). I don’t know how many cups it makes exactly but matcha seems to last a while- 0.5tsp per small serving, usually.

CrowKettle

I’m a matcha newbie though.

…unless you’re kittenna or sil then it’s more like uh 2tsp per serving. lol

OMGsrsly

This one is mostly sugar, I think. I’d have to taste it to be sure, but most sugared matcha mixes are about 1 tbsp sugar to 1 tsp (or less!) matcha. I’ve had a lot of sweetened matcha mixes… :)

it’s a pretty good deal though if you’re enjoying it :) I’m not so good with the whisk factor in matcha lattes but add a bit of water/milk to your matcha first to whisk it all together before you add the rest of the liquid so you can be sure the clumps are all broken up etc.. :)

OMGsrsly

Oh. With Red Leaf, I use 1 tsp matcha and 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar. Big difference.

heh i never sweeten my matcha from red leaf…but uh 1 cup gets anywhere from 1.5-2 tsp :) i know kittenna is even more

Cavocorax

Thanks for the input. I’ll keep it in mind as these guys are in Vancouver, so it’d be a lot cheaper to order from them than to order from Red Leaf. Also, Red Leaf scares me a bit with all the options of what type of matcha to get etc. I’m a noob. IDK.

But, I was pretty happy with the other two samples from Naked Teas Galore.

That’s good to hear that some people add sweetener to their matcha – so getting some pre-sweetened is entirely unheard of I guess.

Cavocorax

Sil – thanks for the tip on whisking it. That makes sense that it would help the powder absorb better!

• isn’t entirely unheard of is what that should have said. :P

heh if i make it out to the dollar store i can send out a bunch of red leaf samples. I found little plastic containers that work well for matcha swapping.

Cavocorax

That would be amazing! When I send you the tea from JoonSusanna I can add whatever you see in my cupboard that you might like!

ashmanra

I think this is only ten servings if it is like Rishi Sweet matcha and Red Leaf Matchaccino.

Comments

CrowKettle

CrowKettle

I’m a matcha newbie though.

…unless you’re kittenna or sil then it’s more like uh 2tsp per serving. lol

OMGsrsly

Oh. With Red Leaf, I use 1 tsp matcha and 1/2 to 1 tsp sugar. Big difference.

Cavocorax

But, I was pretty happy with the other two samples from Naked Teas Galore.

• isn’t entirely unheard of is what that should have said. :P

ashmanra

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON