I’m finally trying this! :O After I brewed it, I smelled a dark malty odor with cocoa notes. We’re off to a good start!

The first few sips were very strong and nearly bitter. I think maybe I wasn’t ready for tea yet because after those sips I find this tea to be very smooth and barely astringent. Now that it’s slightly cooled, I am getting a little bit of honey or fruit, as well as lots of malt and cocoa. And is that cinnamon? This is very tasty!

The good news? I think this may be my favourite Assam! The bad? I have about 2oz left of my previous favourite Assam to drink down – (Assam Mangalam Second Flush FTGFOP1 from Zen Tea). Maybe I should sip them side by side one morning to get a better understanding of the difference, but this Butiki Assam has a lot more going on – I wish I was better at reviewing tea so I could describe what I’m tasting better, but it is one to sip slowly and savour.

I will resteep this and drink it later today too, which is saying a lot. (I really should re-steep my teas more and be less wasteful… Not so much for flavored blacks or herbals, but the rest… yeah. Now that I’ve gotten rid of a lot of samples I want to just enjoy what I have and not worry if I don’t sip anything down for days)

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Glad I’m not the only one who can’t totally describe just how tasty this tea is! :-) I think you did it pretty well though!

I am with you on the sip downs cavo! Back to my regularly scheduled programming tomorrow lol

Thanks Fuzzy_Peachkin!

And Sil, that’s good to hear. :) The pace you were drinking is totally unsustainable.

Terri HarpLady

Who says you can’t have more than one favorite anyway? You could drink them on alternating days. Seems like if I drink my current ‘favorite’ too often, I start craving something different. “Variety is the spice of life”, said the woman who currently has 30+ plain black teas. :)

Cavocorax

Terri – that’s an excellent point!

Comments

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Thanks Fuzzy_Peachkin!

Terri HarpLady

Cavocorax

Terri – that’s an excellent point!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON