drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Goodbye Red Velvet Cake. That’s the end of this, and while I’m happy I tried it, I’m in no rush to go out and buy more. Knocked my rating down a bit to indicate this.

Now what do I do with my tin? It’s red, empty, and smells strongly of this tea. Well, I’ve washed it, and am airing it out and hoping for the best, but an empty tin is just a waste… What the heck do I buy to put in there? The old me would have had no problem rushing out to DavidsTea and buying 100g of something, but the old me had a lot of tea that I was sorta meh about.

Checkmate? Orange Blossom?
I think they have a promo now where if you refill a tin you get $1 off instead of .50.

whatshesaid

Coconut oolong! Vanilla Orchid! Ummmm yeah. I’m falling out of love with DT a bit lately

Bwahahahaha welcome to my world. Come to the non DT side….

Courtney

Hah I reserve my tins for the teas I just can’t live without. I actually still have a bunch of unused tins in my cupboard waiting for teas to amaze me. But I agree with whatshesaid, Coconut Oolong is certainly tin-worthy :) Or Cantaloupe & Cream, YUM.

Terri HarpLady

My tins are filled with teas that I love so much that I ordered enough to at least half way fill it. I have a few empty tins sitting around waiting. Like you, I was & dry them, then air out a bit. If they still hold an aroma, they become storage tins for other things (pushpins, paper lips, etc), but usually that’s not an issue.

Lindsey

What do you all use to wash them? I find that with plain dishsoap, the scent always sticks around.

Cavocorax

Thanks for input! (hee- I wrote tinput at first)
I guess I may be falling out of love with DT a little too. Or I just can’t think of any I love enough to get 100g of. 30 is a pretty good number. But Cantaloupe & Cream is a good suggestion. I try so many teas, but I’m not good at deciding which ones I can’t live without (like Coconut Oolong).

I use dish soap, but I think baking soda might help to absorb the smell.

whatshesaid

I have a pretty mint green tin that had Le Digestif in it (blehhh) and it still reeks. Will try baking soda!!

Comments

Cavocorax

Checkmate? Orange Blossom?

whatshesaid

Bwahahahaha welcome to my world. Come to the non DT side….

Courtney

Terri HarpLady

Lindsey

Cavocorax

Thanks for input! (hee- I wrote tinput at first)

I use dish soap, but I think baking soda might help to absorb the smell.

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON