So I’ve decided that Butiki’s Taiwanese Assam is my favourite. Now I want to compare A&D’s Tiger Assam to Zen Tea’s Assam Mangalam Second Flush.

I wanted to write detailed descriptions but the baby is teething and tired, and she keeps wanting to “play” with my grumpy fat cat (see profile pic) and I’m trying to prevent either side from getting hurt so it’s distracting. Timing is everything and I picked a bad time for this.

So in summary, I think the Tiger Assam is preferable. Although I said I expected it to be stronger in my other post, it does taste stronger than the Zen Assam, while being slightly less astringent – both good things. Zen’s Assam is still good though – I’ll drink it on days where I don’t need quite as much kick.

Also, I don’t think I should drink either of these teas on an empty stomach. Yikes. My belly and my head are complaining!

OMGsrsly

Hmm… so if there’s ever another Damn Fine Tea sale, I will have to pick up some of this one. :)