drank Checkmate by DAVIDsTEA

“You’ll swear you’re drinking a cup of hot cocoa, even though there’s no chocolate in the blend”

Lies!

(Don’t get me wrong. It’s still a very good cup, but I can tell the difference between this and cocoa.)

Nxtdoor

Haha. Is it just the mouthfeel or the actual flavour.

jessiwrites

It totally tastes like caramel to me.

Fjellrev

It didn’t remind me of hot cocoa either.

Cavocorax

I’m not sure what was supposed to be cocoa-ish. Presumably the flavour? I get some notes that are chocolatley, but nowhere near an actual cocoa drink! It’s tasty but not a replacement.

Fjellrev

I think i read before that the coconut-chamomile combination is supposed to create a chocolate-like note. But chamomile is always chamomile to me! Can’t fool them taste buds.

Cavocorax

Sneaky! I didn’t know that!

Kittenna

Haha, this certainly didn’t fool me into thinking that it tasted like cocoa… but it did taste to me like a fairly decadent beverage, and I was quite impressed. I couldn’t ever taste the chamomile in it (I was apprehensive to pick it up initially because I thought I hated chamomile, but the girls at DT assured me I wouldn’t know it was in there… so true.)

katgolik

Men I really didn’t care for this tea..but my bff claims it grows on you and she drinks it regularly.

Comments

Nxtdoor

Haha. Is it just the mouthfeel or the actual flavour.

jessiwrites

It totally tastes like caramel to me.

Fjellrev

It didn’t remind me of hot cocoa either.

Cavocorax

Sneaky! I didn’t know that!

Kittenna

katgolik

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON