Too much hibiscus. Not enough orange. Weird licorice aftertase.

Pu-erh fail! (148)

I might need to steep more H&S to make up for this one. At least I still have half a cup of Bilbo Brew in my other tumbler!

JustJames

oh dear! i like licorice…. but with orange? thanks for the heads up!

tattooed_tea

Hmmm I didn’t get licorice or hibiscus.
That’s what I love about tea, how everyone experiences something different.

JustJames

@tattooed_tea. true that. still, with this review i wouldn’t buy much more than 10g.

Cavocorax

Well don’t just listen to me! Some people seem to enjoy it, for whatever reason. :) Maybe I just didn’t steep it right.

Shmiracles

just put down all the david’s tea pu’erhs and WALK AWAY (just my opinion)

Cavocorax

Hahahaha. I love the IT crowd. Did you see the US pilot version? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNPj3jXhzgw (Definiately WALK AWAY)

I don’t mind some of the DT Pu-erhs but that’s only because I’m afraid to try pu-erh on its own after a disastrous attempt. I’m slowlying trying it mixed with other unflavoured teas though!

Shmiracles

oh gawd don’t make me watch that sad sad pilot again!! gahhh!

every single other puerh i’ve had from every single other company has been better than the DT ones. i tried a cup of a blood orange puerh from a local place here and then became obsessed with it, it was that good. (i do own the chocolate orange puerh though, and though i don’t drink it often and won’t buy more, i don’t regret having that one at least.)

Cavocorax

I liked the berry puerh from DT, but not enough that I need to stock up on it. The ones from Tealux were better, especially the cocoa spice puerh.

Comments

JustJames

oh dear! i like licorice…. but with orange? thanks for the heads up!

tattooed_tea

Hmmm I didn’t get licorice or hibiscus.
That’s what I love about tea, how everyone experiences something different.

Shmiracles

just put down all the david’s tea pu’erhs and WALK AWAY (just my opinion)

Shmiracles

oh gawd don’t make me watch that sad sad pilot again!! gahhh!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON