drank Kokomo Green by DAVIDsTEA

So this tea has an average rating of 60. Wow. I don’t know that I’ve seen a DAVIDsTEA collectively that unpopular – maybe Aloha Pu-erh?

Anyway, I bought this on a whim/moment of weakness, and didn’t have any problems with it hot. I don’t really remember that cup, but this one shines when it’s chilled. Basically I threw a few generous scoops into my Takeya pitcher and let it sit overnight, and it’s very refreshing and light now. I’m tasting all the papaya and mango, as well as a touch of rose petals to give it a bit of something… else. But it’s balanced rather nicely and if it were sunny with blue skies I would have enjoyed the entire jug by now!

Sipdown! (146) And if this were one of the ones that were $14.50 for 250g I’d go for it. It’s nice to have cheap iced tea. I don’t know that I’d buy more at full-price though.

Iced 8 min or more
Fjellrev

I didn’t realize the ratings were so low. I just randomly picked some up the other day with the intention of cold steeping it.

Kittenna

Cherry Cola, for low ratings? Haha :)

Nxtdoor

ugh, it’s just so bloody bitter, no matter what i do to it. even when I cold steep i get some bitterness.

Cavocorax

Kittena – OH YES. Yeah Cherry Cola was brutally awful and artificial.

And Nxtdoor – I don’t know what to say. :| Maybe I lucked out with this batch? Or I have no taste in iced teas? I did add a touch of agave to the mix, which might cover up any bitterness. #headscratcher

Nxtdoor

cavocorax, i still have lots so can still play with it now that i know someone had success. I had pretty much written it off.

Good luck!

Tealizzy

I agree with Nxtdoor. It was bitter. Glad someone likes it though!

Comments

Fjellrev

Kittenna

Cherry Cola, for low ratings? Haha :)

Cavocorax

Kittena – OH YES. Yeah Cherry Cola was brutally awful and artificial.

Good luck!

Tealizzy

I agree with Nxtdoor. It was bitter. Glad someone likes it though!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON