drank Organic Assam by Harney & Sons

3rd time’s a charm? My first cup of the day was coffee because I wanted something STRONG to wake me up, but when I went to take a sip, the milk had curdled or something. It looked awful and I dumped it. Stupid fancy coffee machine. It requires so much maintenance and doesn’t really do a good job.

My second cup was a sipdown of Zen Tea’s Phoenix Pearls which are normally amazing, but was also undrinkable as I sat down in a stupor at my desk and zoned out for 15 minutes while the tea was steeping. Such horrible abuse for such brilliant leaves.

Now I’m very much in need of caffeine and so I had to keep trying. I decided to stick with the basics – a sachet of H&S’s Assam with a timer on my phone so I don’t forget.

SUCCESS.

Well…. this is a bit more tannic than I’d prefer, but… at this point I’ll take anything. And the added astringency just goes to wake me up further, right? Yeah, I’ll take it.