Woo! Cheap sample from the Persimmon Tree Company!

Now I have a theory that my old Perfect Mug from DavidsTea is effecting how teas taste. It just seems like I’m getting a “ceramic” taste or something that is taking away from my enjoyment. I really noticed it with H&S’s Vanilla Comoro as it was so incredibly amazing at work, and just odd when I had it at home.

This one also tastes like ceramics. So I made a new cup in my timolino and poured it into a bubble cup for comparison.

Perfect Mug: Mostly ceramic flavour, with chocolate and mint swirling about with hints of vanilla. Ok, but nothing I would ever crave.

Bubble Cup: Much better! It’s a strong rooibos flavoured blend, and I can taste the chocolate and mint much more.

So, I guess that’s settled. It’s my perfect mug that’s wonky. :| I’ve only had it since December, so I’m not sure what’s going on. Maybe I wore away the finish on the inside? Maybe I need to do some crazy thing to clean it and start over again? IDK.

Anyone notice anyting like this with their DavidsTea Perfect Mugs? This one has the darker coating inside, which is unusual as I think most of them are bright white. Maybe that’s part of it? IDK.