Woo! First tasting note for this tea! (i.e., no pressure?)

This wasn’t on the website so we weren’t prepared for this tea when we came in to the shop. We leaned in to smell it and the aroma overpowered our senses and intoxicated us. We all had to have some. Or most of us.

“And, how is it?” you might ask. Or probably are, seeing as you are reading this on Steepster.

It’s great. It’s warm, and cinnamony and comforting, and the strawberry is sweet while the rhubarb is tart and sweet. It’s very nice. I keep expecting a bit of pastry in there too, but it’s not fair to compare it to Butiki’s Ruby Pie. It never pretended to be more than Strawberry Rhubarb, and it delivered.

ETA: A minute or so after my last cup, and I notice that the rhubarb just lingers in my mouth. I thought it was the dreaded astringency I hate so much, but it was just slightly tart and slightly sweet rhubarb. :D

OMGsrsly

Mmm, I’m going to have to try this one tomorrow. Today is all planned out!

CrowKettle

I regret being the only one who didn’t get some of this. Next time. :)

OMGsrsly

I don’t really get cinnamon from this. So neat how we all taste it differently. :)

Cavocorax

Strange! I wonder if I imagined it due to its association with similar flavour profiles! I’ll have to try it again to see!

Comments

OMGsrsly

Mmm, I’m going to have to try this one tomorrow. Today is all planned out!

CrowKettle

I regret being the only one who didn’t get some of this. Next time. :)

Cavocorax

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON