drank Kenyan Black by Justea

I really love this tea. There’s just something about it that’s different than I’m used to, but it’s hard to nail it down exactly.

I steeped it for 3 minutes because I didn’t want to risk it getting too strong for my tastes, and it was probably at less than boiling. The result is very smooth and fresh, with only the slightest astringency in the endnotes. It’s bold, but also slightly sweet. This is a hefty cup – it’s thick and malty. I’m also getting fruity notes in there as well.

For those of you who don’t know Justea is fundraising right now to get their company off the ground and help empower the Kenyan farmers who produce the tea (and cut out the middle-man). I highly recommend you check it out and support them here: http://www.justea.com/

(I wish I could support them again but… I need a job. Hopefully I find one in the next 30 days and then I can throw money at them!)
I’d like to support the campaign because I think this is a cuppa I’d like to keep around