drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

Mmmm. To be honest I wasn’t sure how excited I’d be to drink this again. It was so hit and miss from what I remember. (Sorry ShayneBear) So, because of this I’ve sorta had this 25g pack sitting unopened on my tea shelf for MONTHS.

Today was the day to crack it open, and it’s great. This mix has so many anise stars in it – at least one for every cup I’ll make, and that’s a big part of what I want from this tea. The base is smooth, and slightly sweet – I can definitely taste the licorice, chocolate and coconut. OMG.

Just, OMG.

Tealizzy

Ya, that’s why I went for the 8.8 oz. of this tea. ;)

Cavocorax

I sorta wish I had now. It’s cooled quite a bit and I’m still enjoying every sip of it.

It’s still on the website, but I don’t think I could justify getting that much! I"ll decide after I find a job AND have a few more cups.

And it was Stormy Night that was the BIG disappointment. I remember this one was less hit or miss.

Tealizzy

Stormy Night is hit or miss…I think it’s better overleafed.

Cavocorax

I’ll give that a shot! I remember I grabbed some teas in store last year, then sniffed the Stormy Night sample as we walked out the door, obsessed about it for the next 20 minutes and ran back to grab 50g.

Boy, was I disappointed! I’ll be sure to overleaf it when I drink it next.

VariaTEA

Ceylon Star was on sale $5 for two 25 g packs today at David’s. I am not sure how long the sale will be on for but it is something to look into if you like this tea.

Cavocorax

Thanks for letting me know. I actually bought 50g in store but couldn’t do the deal as they didn’t have ANY tea 2/$5. She told me the promo had ended. :( Guess I went to the wrong store!

Tealizzy

I heard from a store employee yesterday that they are really retiring this tea, so get some while you can!

Cavocorax

I thought they might since they have it as a web special (8 oz for $17 or something like that? ). I was a little tempted but that’s just way too much tea. I’ll enjoy the 50g I have now…

Thanks for the heads up!

Comments

Tealizzy

Ya, that’s why I went for the 8.8 oz. of this tea. ;)

Tealizzy

Stormy Night is hit or miss…I think it’s better overleafed.

Cavocorax

Boy, was I disappointed! I’ll be sure to overleaf it when I drink it next.

VariaTEA

Thanks for the heads up!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON