drank Earl of Anxi by Verdant Tea

Ok – time to be brave today and try this tea! The little bear is distracted with Sesame Street and a ham wrap so I should be able to give this tea the focus it deserves!

First sip is… pepper! Then light oolong notes paired with jasmine floating in the background, followed by what I assume to be the frankincense and saffron. (I haven’t had them before so can’t tell what’s what). Aside from the strong pepper notes, I’m also getting the creaminess that’s sorta soothing.

I can get behind this tea! It makes me feel alert, yet relaxed; warm and comfortable. I don’t think this would be a ‘must-stock’ as there are other Verdant blends I enjoy more but it’d be interesting to try again in the future.

I’m looking forward to see how the flavours change with the next steep (or two?)

I love how we all can drink the same tea and get different things from it. Reading everyone else’s reviews shows me that I’m the only one who was hit by the strong peppery notes!

OMGsrsly

Careful with your brewing basket. The frankincense resin melts and can be difficult to get off. Stainless baskets are better than Finum plastic baskets… (I love this tea!)

Thanks for the heads up!

OMGsrsly

I just opened my new package. It smells different from the old stuff CrowKettle gave me! I understand how you get peppery notes. :)

ifjuly

“It makes me feel alert, yet relaxed; warm and comfortable.” Totally agree!

Cavocorax

I just realized we’ve got 4 Verdant tasting notes in a row (on my feed at least!) Glad to see I’m not the only one craving them today.

Comments

OMGsrsly

Thanks for the heads up!

ifjuly

“It makes me feel alert, yet relaxed; warm and comfortable.” Totally agree!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON