drank Bolder Breakfast by The Tea Spot

In my mind I can’t really remember the differences between Tea Spot’s Bolder Breakfast, and Chocolate “O”. Both are strong rich blends with chocolaty notes, but if I could only order one, which would I have? :O

I steeped both at boiling for 5 minutes, and poured a little of each into bubble cups for easy comparison.

Bolder Breakfast:
-smells like: earth, rich flavours, chocolate, honey
tastes: very warm, rich, chocolatey, lots of earthy depth, sweet honey – very complex!

Chocolate O:
-smells like: malt, chocolate, honey
-tastes: malty, honeyed, slightly gritty/earthy, lots of chocolate and a hint of caramel

Conclusion: Both are very good teas but I’m happy that I have a tin of the Bolder Breakfast and only 1 oz of the Chocolate O as the BB seems to be more complex and rich than the Chocolate O. I guess the puerh makes the biggest difference here!

Thanks to Terri HarpLady and Sil for the joint order on these. :)