Ok, this is my random oolong sample for the day! I was pretty excited to try it as I’d heard of “Big Red Robe” in other tea reviews and was curious.

I’m on my second steep and having trouble describing it. It’s orange in colour, and tastes very much like oolong. It’s roasty, and just a tad floral, with a bit of a darker vegetal aftertaste. Interesting!

The second steep is even darker and roastier. I prefer this over the first steep. It’s so sweet and roasty, dark and full, yet not like a black tea.
I think I get peach notes too!

I’ll wait until I have the second sample of this before I rate it (and by that time will have had all of them!).

Amariel

I had my Big Red Robe from Silk Road today.