After hearing so much about this one, I knew I had to have it as my next oolong sample! (sipdown – 96)

I steeped it for 2.5 minutes, which might have been a bit much. This tea is very strong and roasty, but it almost tastes like a Yunnan or some variety of black tea, instead of an oolong as I’m used to it. Maybe that’s because I’m not getting ANY floral notes at all?

This smells wonderful though – dark and sweet, and the tea itself tastes just as nice. It’s very woodsy with a bit of honey.

I’ll update when I re-steep this later on.

I think I prefer the Da Hong Pao, but this is close.

ETA: Second steep was 2 minutes, and is almost too mild! I went from too much to too little.

I’ll have to buy more samples of this in the future!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON