drank Coffee Cake by DAVIDsTEA

This is the first from the Winter Collection that I decided to sample – I didn’t want an herbal so that limited me to 2 choices.

Side note: there are duplicate entries for all these teas and it’s making crazy! (ok, enough ranting).

I’m definitely getting cake from this tea. It smells delicious but I was completely distracted by this odd oily flavour because it was so damn familiar, and then I realized that this tea has the same cake flavoring as Red Velvet Cake. This tea is very similar, except it is lighter, and fruitier with the cherry and pineapple. I like it, but it also reminds me of dirt.

I realize that isn’t a ringing endorsement. Ha. I’m resteeping this now and will update if necessary.

OMGsrsly

The gingerbread also smells similar. Maybe they only have one ‘cake’ flavour?

Cavocorax

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll try the gingerbread tonight too to compare.

Amariel

Hmm. Red Velvet Cake may be what it’s reminding me of too. But not in an oily way. More of an artificial cherry way…

Cavocorax

Maybe that’s what it is! (it was hard to pinpoint)

Fjellrev

If you’re comparing it to Red Velvet Cake, then I could see it being similar to DTT’s Pineapple Upside Down Cake?

Amariel

It kind of is, but DTT PUC is better. I think. It’s been a while. There’s something weird with this one.

Cavocorax

I think Heather’s right. It’s been a long time since I’ve had PUC, but I think it’s better.

Tuscanteal

I totally felt the same way – as soon as I smelled it and then tasted it, instantly I thought of the Red Velvet. Then I smelled both side by side and it confirmed my suspicions

msbluerasp

Totally with you on the double entries. I like the capitalization on this entry though. :)

Comments

OMGsrsly

The gingerbread also smells similar. Maybe they only have one ‘cake’ flavour?

Cavocorax

Hmmm. Maybe I’ll try the gingerbread tonight too to compare.

Cavocorax

Maybe that’s what it is! (it was hard to pinpoint)

Fjellrev

Tuscanteal

msbluerasp

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON