Another sipdown! (96)

I find this one has a mild floral taste, a bit of grassiness and a lot of cream to it. It seems like this milk oolong is stronger some of the other unflavoured milk oolongs I’ve had. It’s funny, because when I had it before I didn’t get much cream, but this time I did. Maybe I’m getting better at detecting notes?

Maybe?

This is surprising to me, but I guess I like oolongs now. That’s what happens when you drink one each day for a few weeks, I guess. :P I still can’t say much about them, and remember exactly which one is which, but I do find myself craving one first thing in the morning as a gentler wake me up.

I even chose this over trying new teas from DAVIDsTEA. :P

So I’ll definitely have to order something from Teavivre. I just don’t know which oolong I’ll want. And then maybe I’ll order a few more samples to help me figure out what I like. :)

El Monstro

I had to kind of warm up to oolongs, didn’t like them when I was younger. Flash forward to the past few weeks, it’s almost all I’ve been drinking.

ifjuly

Agreed. I really really didn’t like oolong until very recently, and it started towards the green end and has slowly been creeping over to the roastier side. Oolong drift!

Cavocorax

Oolong drift – I love that term. :)
Glad to see I’m not the only one. Did you guys end up getting the samples from Teavivre when they had them for $8?

Cavocorax

(Because that’s what got me into trying them)

ifjuly

Alas no! (But I do really dig this oolong, think it was one of the ones that really convinced me.) Lately, and I know this isn’t tea snob popular but, I’m finding oolongs make a much better base for additional flavors than black tea. I love coconut and milk oolongs (flavored or natural), and really fruity and tropical flavored ones as well.

I’m trying to wait ‘til I have a huge order ready for Teavivre, ’cause Teavivre packages are guaranteed to be ones I have to go to the post office to pick up and I’m so very lazy about that stuff. I’ve had a handful of their oolongs in sample size though…this was one of my favorites along with, IIRC, a TGY (and man, I used to really dislike all the Wuyi oolongs).

ifjuly

got cut off somehow, huh. I used to really dislike all the Wuyi oolongs but IIRC Teavivre’s was one I didn’t mind too much and I’d be curious about trying it again and seeing if I’ve changed.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I hate how my post office guy doesn’t EVEN TRY to deliver my Teavivre packages. It’s not a huge deal, but if I don’t get a ride it’s a half hour walk and that won’t be fun in the winter. I’d better order soon, or in the spring.

El Monstro

Yeah I bought a bunch of the samples when they were having the oolong sale, still have a couple I need to open and try.

El Monstro

Also, upton has pretty good, inexpensive oolong samples.

Comments

El Monstro

Cavocorax

Oolong drift – I love that term. :)

Cavocorax

(Because that’s what got me into trying them)

El Monstro

Also, upton has pretty good, inexpensive oolong samples.

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON