drank Pumpkin Spice Brulee by Teavana

And that’s a sipdown (82) for this oolong as I drink my re-steeped cup of it. I enjoyed it – the spices were actually a little different from most of the pumpkin teas I’ve had, although it’s more spice, and less pumpkin. Pumpkin is just too subtle a flavour I guess.

Would I buy it? Perhaps. If the price was reasonable. But I don’t need to rush out and grab it.

Thanks VariaTEA. You’re right – this tea is murky and oily and not pleasant to look at, but the taste is good enough. I find all Teavana blends are oily and murky like that so I just don’t look…

Oh, I also don’t taste the oolong in here at all, but I didn’t see much of it in the leaves I steeped. Teavana seems to be light on the tea. :P

VariaTEA

For me this tea was so oily that it coated my mouth. I have never had that before and thankfully I seem to be the only one who had that problem. Also there really is no oolong in there at all.

Fjellrev

I think with pumpkin-flavoured things, it’s really more about the spices combined with a creamy note, since the flavour of pumpkin is indeed so subtle. Now that I think about it, stuff like Starbucks pumpkin lattes and other pumpkin-flavoured things never have a true pumpkin note anyway haha.

nope. most teas are pumpkin SPICE….not pumpkin

Fjellrev

Ah yeah, that’s a good point too. But I think what happens is even when you see the words “pumpkin spice”, many people still expect a pumpkin note too, like pumpkin and spice. Kind of like when you see “vanilla spice”, you expect both the vanilla and the spice(s) to be present. Either way, I think pumpkin is a hard flavour to capture since the vegetable is so subtly-flavoured to begin with.

JennyFur

Yeah, I love pumpkin spice, but your right its usually 75% spice, and 25% pumpkin. I’ll be making a cup of this within the next two days and I’ll make sure to make a tasting note.

Comments

VariaTEA

nope. most teas are pumpkin SPICE….not pumpkin

JennyFur

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON