drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I’ve been drinking this for hours, although I only re-steeped it once. Part of me feels guilty, like I’m wasting quality tea here, but OTOH, I am drinking 20 oz of it so it’s not like I didn’t get much for that 1 scoop of leaves.

I should try my Amoda teas soon, but I want to add them to my cupboard and log them when I do, so I’ll wait a few ore days to make sure everyone else has had a chance to do so. If it wasn’t for the fact that everyone knows these are Butiki teas that you can ONLY get in the box, I’d just log it and not mention Amoda. :P

all my tea is on my table at the moment.. so i can figure out how a cupboard half the size as it was takes up more room! 4 oz of LB makes me happy to see haha

Cavocorax

Wait, another 4 oz? Didn’t we both order 4 oz just a few months ago? I think I still have 2oz left. I need to stop treating it as such a rare commodity and enjoy it I guess (multiple resteeps or not!))

I bet it’s the french teas that are taking up all your space. Didn’t they all come in tins? Are you going to post pics?

I can’t wait to grab my pile of tea. :D

haha you mean your BOX of tea…. i will take pics this weekend..it’s MUCH smaller than normal. i think it’s just all the weird shapped bags or something. I dunno. No not another 4oz.. but somehow in my black friday fog i did pick up 4oz each of verdant’ campfire blend and the vanilla citrus spice lol apparently i really needed 8oz of tea! sad part is…i have a 10$ coupon now and kinda want the elderberry herbal as a non black option.

Fjellrev

Don’t feel bad, I basically did the same thing the other week with LB. Resteeped once but steeped 500ml at a time. It’s just so much easier!

Terri HarpLady

I have some Verdant coupons too! I’m gonna use them to buy my birthday present, although I’m not sure what that will be…yet! But my birthday is next month, so I have time to figure it out :)

Cavocorax

YAY for a BOX of tea. I’m so excited.

And thanks – I’m happy I’m not “wasting” it. :P (I’m not if you’re not)

Amariel

The Amoda Butiki teas are up. Someone put two of the three up, so I finished and added the info that was missing.

Frolic

What steeping perimeters are you guys using for the laoshan black? I just got my Verdant box today and I’m planning on brewing some in the morning. I don’t have much experience with good black teas.

I prefer western brew for 3 mins, boiling

Cavocorax

That’s how I usually do it too, although occasionally I get ambitious and drink it gongfu style, following the guidelines on Verdant’s site.

Comments

I can’t wait to grab my pile of tea. :D

Fjellrev

Terri HarpLady

Cavocorax

YAY for a BOX of tea. I’m so excited.

And thanks – I’m happy I’m not “wasting” it. :P (I’m not if you’re not)

Amariel

Frolic

I prefer western brew for 3 mins, boiling

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON