drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

Ok, confession time! I’ve always enjoyed this tea, but it’s never been a knock me off my socks sorta tea. You know what I mean, right? But I wanted to really like it because I like Sil and ButikiTeas.

Anywyas,this has gone from a 78 to an 88. I figured out what I needed – a longer steep time. Maybe 5 minutes? I want MORE flavour and this is just great now. Lovely rhubarb, slightly tart, slightly sweet and a bit of graham in there to weigh it down. YES. FINALLY I GET IT NOW.

Yvonne

I’ve heard so much about this tea – wish I could try it!

Cavocorax

If you ever place an order with Butiki, she will throw in a few samples and you can request which ones. Her teas rarely disappoint.

keychange

That’s so funny-a longer steep time pretty much ruined this tea for me yesterday! Although I’m guessing it was steeping for more than five minutes, but still. Funny what works.

Terri HarpLady

It’s been awhile since I drank this one. I picked up an oz with my last butiki order, just for fun. :)

haha a 78 is a perfectly reasonable score for a tea :)

Cavocorax

:) Well 78 means I like it, but not that it’s completely irreplacable. :P Anything over 85 means I need to buy at least 2oz of it when I order.

Cavocorax

Keychange – yeah there’s probably a very narrow margin where oversteeping makes the flavours better before it makes it infinitely worse. I didn’t mean to steep it so long but my cat wanted some attention before I left the house.

keychange

Oh yeah, cats can do that to your tea anyday!

Terri HarpLady

and they do it on purpose!

Fjellrev

NIce, maybe that was the “problem” I had with this tea too. I was afraid of steeping it too long because I thought the base would only get stronger and cover up the other flavours even more.

Comments

Yvonne

I’ve heard so much about this tea – wish I could try it!

Terri HarpLady

haha a 78 is a perfectly reasonable score for a tea :)

keychange

Oh yeah, cats can do that to your tea anyday!

Terri HarpLady

and they do it on purpose!

Fjellrev

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON