drank Banane Chocolate by Lupicia

Yes? Yes. This is a really great tea. It has ‘real’ banana flavours and just a little bit of chocolate flavoring on top of it. It really makes me think of the chocolate covered banana chips I buy from the bulk store. DELICIOUS.

I wonder how well Lupicia teas re-steep? I’ll have to find out.

Anna

They’re not overly resteepable, in my opinion – I feel it’s the same tea, but weaker and with less complexity, overall.

Cavocorax

Good to know especially since you’re such a big fan. I wish they offered shipping to Canada though.

Cavocorax

Also, my resteep was super weak, like you predicted.

Anna

It’s pretty good for me, though – I’m not big on resteeping, and I sort of feel, ‘Okay, done with this, moving on,’ like the leaf is spent and that’s it. So those oolongs and whatnot that you can resteep forever always come off as very daunting to me. Because what if I don’t have time, or feel like another cup?

VariaTEA

Anna, I am with you. I am not one for the resteeps. Mostly because I like to have a billion flavors a day. Sometimes I feel wasteful but other times I realize I have soo much tea that if I always resteeped, I would never get to a lot of my teas before they went bad and that would be even more wasteful. (and yes, I am aware my logic doesn’t really make all that much sense but shhhh because it comforts me :P)

Cavocorax

Yeah, I totally get that. I hate feeling pressured to resteep fancy teas, and feeling guilty for ‘wasting’. I do appreciate those teas when I’m in the mood but even then 3 is the most I resteep. My cups are 12-16oz, so that seems reasonable. How much of one tea can you drink?

Cavocorax

Anna – where do you get Lupicia teas from? I saw that you live in Italy and I know the US store doesn’t ship internationally… Do you just rely on connections? Or do they have other online stores?

how much of one tea can you drink….looootsssssss ;)

Cavocorax

In one sitting??? Ha. Maybe for you, but I can’t do it. I can set it aside for the next day…

so many things i want to drink….and yet there’s a giant box of samples taunting me…. TAUNTING ME!

VariaTEA

I think my cupboard is mostly samples too and there are drinks I want to have but can’t help but feel like I should be drinking the swap teas first.

Cavocorax

Yeah, I’m mostly focusing on samples. If I have teas that are sealed, I don’t want to break the seal yet, even though I’m really excited about my sealed Nina’s or Lupicia.

OMGsrsly

I still haven’t opened my Mandala order from black friday. :( :(

VariaTEA

I always plan to keep teas sealed but then that doesn’t always work out.

Dustin

I have to open all the teas when they arrive so I can smell them all and decide which to try first.
I have a hard time with the resteep 6x teas too. I just get bored and it feels like it goes on forever.

Cavocorax

Oh, Mandala. Damn, you just reminded me how I miss Special Dark!

Comments

Anna

Cavocorax

Also, my resteep was super weak, like you predicted.

Cavocorax

how much of one tea can you drink….looootsssssss ;)

OMGsrsly

I still haven’t opened my Mandala order from black friday. :( :(

VariaTEA

I always plan to keep teas sealed but then that doesn’t always work out.

Dustin

Cavocorax

Oh, Mandala. Damn, you just reminded me how I miss Special Dark!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON