drank Cinnamon Cookie Puer by Lupicia

The first few sips: Hmm. This is ok . Dark. Rich. It’s decent.

The next few minutes: OMG. Something smells amazing. It’s like fresh baking. And like fancy whiskey and other dark earthy things. Tobacco. Gun oil.

After: It’s the tea? Oh wow. Now that it’s cooled I taste far more cinnamon and puerh. The mouthfeel does suggest a warm pastry. Excellent.

Will have to re-steep this one as well. Today may be a day of many resteeps and less variety but that’s ok. I want to experience this tea completely.

ETA: So far I love Lupicia. What don’t I love? Their 50g bags aren’t resealable. Also, they don’t ship to Canada and when I emailed to ask if they had any plans to change their international policies I got nothing. Nothing but heartbreak.

Stephanie

This sounds tasty!

keychange

the bags aren’t resealable! are you serious?!?!?!!?

TeaBrat

I find if you just put a rubber band around them after you open them, they are fine for the most part. Occasionally I transfer mine to tins though.

whatshesaid

Why do tea companies love to hate on Canada?!?

TAKE MY MONEY!!

keychange

No kidding! ship to us, ffs!!

Dustin

I had this in my basket on my last order, but I decided to be reasonable and took it out. Now I have nothing but regrets. :(
I love the smell of gun oil.

Shmiracles

i’m getting some lupicia from a friend in a swap! it’s in the mail!
and i’ve had a lupicia order open in my browser for weeks! this will be a lupicia spring & summer. completely.

i bought bag closing things from TTC in my last order and they work nicely for lupicia bags and others that are not resealable.

Cavocorax

Yay for swaps!
And I will have to keep an eye open for those clips!

Dustin

I have gotten the clips that Lupicia sells for much less at grocery stores before. It looks like Ikea and Amazon have them too. http://www.amazon.com/BEVARA-SEALING-ASSORTED-COLORS-SIZES/dp/B004HHATDU/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1397004788&sr=8-8&keywords=chip+clips
Personally I just use small binder clips. http://www.amazon.com/OfficemateOIC-Metallic-Binder-Assorted-31053/dp/B008OIB4AK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1397005079&sr=8-8&keywords=binder+clips

And I’m in on the Lupicia spring! At the end of May I’ll be heading out to where they have a couple stores! I’m suuuuuuper excited. Forget visiting with family and friends, I’m going tea shopping!

Comments

Stephanie

This sounds tasty!

keychange

the bags aren’t resealable! are you serious?!?!?!!?

TeaBrat

whatshesaid

Why do tea companies love to hate on Canada?!?

TAKE MY MONEY!!

keychange

No kidding! ship to us, ffs!!

Dustin

I love the smell of gun oil.

Shmiracles

i’m getting some lupicia from a friend in a swap! it’s in the mail!

Cavocorax

Yay for swaps!
And I will have to keep an eye open for those clips!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON