Sil talked me into splitting this and I’m happy I did. With a name like Steamed Purple Green, I thought it would taste a lot like spinach, and less like ‘tea’ but it’s actually balanced right in between. It’s fresh, green, and buttery but not in your face with the vegetal/spinach flavours. Interesting! I’m not a huge fan of green teas (I have 1 oz of Laoshan Green that I’ve had maybe 2 cups of in 8 months? :O) but I do like this!

Thanks for twisting my rubber arm! :)
(188)

ETA: Hey – when you guys track tea in your spreadsheets, and you have tea you bought at two separate dates, do you count that as 1 tea, or 2? I want to keep them separate because I want to accurately track my old teas, BUT I don’t want to stuff my cupboard full of ‘extra’ teas. :D

ETA-again: I decided to count each duplicate tea as a fraction (.5, .5) instead of doubling my count. So I’m actually at 185. I’ll take it! And if it’s a fraction, I’ll remember to double-check for the other one when I remove one!

OMGsrsly

I number the one ‘in use’ and leave the other one blank. :D That way it’s only “one” tea, but I have 2 dates.

Cameron B.

So what kind of spreadsheets do you use for this? I’m intrigued.

my cupboard counts it as 1 tea… my spreadsheet has the oldest date and then in brackets for the tea name i put the second date so that when i finish it, i just put in the next date lol

sherapop

I haven’t graduated to spreadsheets yet. lol

Cavocorax

Just Excel. I have columns for type of tea, company, name of tea, who gave it to me, who I’m giving it to, date purchased, original purchase size, estimated remaining size, my rating, a quick Y/N/M if I’d rebuy it or not, a Y/N column for cold-steeping and then notes. After I drink it I move it to another page for reference. It works for me – it’s much quicker to filter/search in Excel then it is on Steepster. :P

And thanks guys. So I am at 185! :D

OMGsrsly

Go Cavo Go! I’m still at 250, and I still have the tea box, and there’s incoming as well. :) Oops?

Ubacat

I got into the excel sheets a few months back and think it’s great for organizing. For those that don’t have excel and can’t afford it LibreOffice is a free program with Calc being like Excel. I’ve worked on it before and it’s great. You can open Excel files with it.

OMGsrsly

Ubacat, I just use google docs. That way I can access it anywhere! Well, mostly when I’m out buying tea and want to make sure I’m not getting anything I don’t already have, or have tried and didn’t like. Which can be a problem.

Cavocorax

Yeah I did Google docs for a bit bc it was just so convenient on my android phone! Now that I’m back on a windows phone, I’m back with Excel. :P

And good luck with the tea box OMGrsly!

OMGsrsly

Sadly I haven’t been drinking much tea at all. Too blah, which is unfortunate. Maybe I’ll go make a cup and cut out another t-shirt. :)

Cavocorax

Yay! At least it’s just tea you’re blah about. You’ll come back to us!

Comments

OMGsrsly

Cameron B.

So what kind of spreadsheets do you use for this? I’m intrigued.

sherapop

I haven’t graduated to spreadsheets yet. lol

And thanks guys. So I am at 185! :D

Ubacat

Cavocorax

And good luck with the tea box OMGrsly!

Cavocorax

Yay! At least it’s just tea you’re blah about. You’ll come back to us!

Yet.

Ratings:
1-50: Bleh.
51-64: It’s ok.
65-75: It’s good.
76-85: It’s very good. (Buy 1oz+)
86-100: Amazing. (ALWAYS re-stock)

Markham, ON