drank Yerba Mate by Guayaki

I have never made it myself–usually a member of my boyfriend’s family will make it in a gourd to pass around. His family from Uruguay and Argentina make it with loads of sugar and one gourd will go around the table once or twice before pouring in some more water. It took me awhile to get accustomed to this tea, but I enjoy the social aspect of it and the closeness drinking it gives.

I’m a 22 year old Canadian from British Columbia. I come from an English family. My Grandmother came to Canada as a War Bride where she continued the cult of tea in our family.
My tea bio:
I’m a bit of a tea snob–but I’ve been drinking tea since I can remember! I love drinking tea in vintage and cute bone china, and I don’t like drinking tea from cups, mugs or porcelain! (Unless it’s a really cute porcelain cup!)
However, I don’t claim to know everything about tea. There is still so much to learn about tea!
I also have a thing where I have to drink in a cup that is related to the type of tea I’m drinking, otherwise it ruins the experience if it’s in the wrong type of cup. Tea OCD?
I drink mostly black and green teas, and occasionally white, oolong and some herbal teas. I am open to trying new teas all the time though!
I am not a rooibos fan and probably never will be unless someone somewhere one day brews me a really tasty cup, then I might become a little bit of a fan.
I’m super friendly IRL even though my tea notes seem snobby. I just take my tea experiences seriously!

Vancouver