drank Genmaicha by Kaleisia

Just got this in the mail today and had to give it a try. I have no experience with genmaicha….or loose leaf green tea for that matter, so I can’t give too much of an accurate review. I over-steeped it because I was confused with the color (ridiculously light, I thought something went wrong). It got a little bitter on me but it finally turned to a neon yellow sort of color. The taste and smell can be described in one word: toasty! Reminded me of japanese restaurant tea….toasted.

Edit: upping the rating here, I’ve been enjoying it.

Keemun

…it’s quite fool proof this tea. Even you over-steep it there shouln’t be much bitterness.Water can be kept quite hot…I do up to 4 brews with one infusion.Infusing time I keep under 90sec.
Have fun with your new ‘friend’ and let us know how you get along with it over the next couple of days.

Samantha

Ah, I did 3 minutes. I’m definitely giving it another go tonight, I have a feeling it’ll really grow on me.

Samantha

Much better without the 3 minute overkill, no more bitter taste….just a toasty nice taste.

spohkh

one of my favorite “savory” teas

Comments

Keemun

spohkh

one of my favorite “savory” teas

18, college student, budding tea devotee!

South Florida