drank Coconut Grove by DAVIDsTEA

The white tea fest continues. It has been warm well into October here so I have an extended iced tea season. I bought the summer collection sampler when it went on sale (because never pay full price for anything) and this is my favorite. Very solid white tea base and a pleasant shredded coconut flavor rather than a creamy-sweet coconut profile. I can’t imagine drinking this hot, but I’ve hot-iced and cold brewed it and it was good both ways, tolerant of a long steep (though I never do my whites above 175, so that helps). It’s good with sweetener but doesn’t need any, and it plays well with fruit tisanes and freeze-dried berries. I’m always happy when David’s doesn’t overdo a one-flavor tea.

Anyway, today I had the cold brew (12 hrs) blend I made with 1 part this, 1 part Lupicia’s sakurambo vert, and 1/2 part David’s vanilla orchid and died a little. So good! I’ll be sad to see this one go since its such fun to blend with everything. I think I’ll be trying to dupe it with toasted coconut and other tricks.

The teacher with the teacup.

Bay Area, CA