How strange that my last tasting note two years ago was for this tea and, not even realizing it, I reached for it this morning! This is still one of my favorite teas though I do not reach for it as often now due to the time constraints of dealing with two children.

This morning I used a bit more than a teaspoon of this in my 12oz tetsubin and did an initial infusion of 1 1/2 minutes. The second infusion I’m drinking now was steeped for 3 minutes and is darker than the first. I probably could have gotten away with a 2 minute steeping time. I’ll likely do a third infusion at 4 1/2 minutes and might even get a fourth. I’ll have to update this if I do.

Boiling
Kashyap

welcome back :)

Comments

Kashyap

welcome back :)

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States