With all the loose leaf teas I have I sometimes forget to use my bagged teas. This is one of my favorites from back when I was just starting to get into tea four years ago. I decided I needed some extra strong spice today so I grabbed two bags of this and plopped them into my tetsubin.

Before the milk and sugar the liquor was lovely bright honey-gold. The first sip was a tad bitter so I added more sugar. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Silky. Smooth. Sweet. Spicy. A touch of almond. So smooth. A little biscuity. A slight dryness but not unpleasantly so. Did I mention smooth?

Why oh why didst I forsake thee oh lovely tea!? You may reside in a little baggy but you are my perfection in a cup!

I was enjoying this tea so much in fact that I nearly forgot about the banana bread I was also having at the time!

I prefer loose-leaf teas but I do like to keep some tea bags around for travel. I prefer black teas (especially Yunnans), dark oolongs, and pu’erh. My #1 favorite is Jasmine Golden Yunnan from thepuriTea.com.

Most used pots:

12oz blue tetsubin (1.75-2.0 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get a spoon-full of sugar)

10oz green tetsubin (1.55-1.65 grams of leaf. teas steeped in this get less than a spoon-full of sugar)

5oz gaiwan (4.0-4.15 grams of leaf. no sugar)

4oz gaiwan (2.5-3 grams of leaf. no sugar)

Bar Harbor, Maine, United States